This week we talked more about math languages. We also had a very interesting discussion about the relationships of the English language and the mathematical ways of interpreting a sentences in our tutorial.
The discussion in our tutorial was mostly on the cause and effect and how we interpret them. I remember the other peers were talking about an example of "all astronauts likes to eat oranges, then it must be that eating oranges is a cause for them being astronauts". There were confusions first, but at the end I think we came to an agreement that eating oranges is only one of the factor that they are astronauts, but not necessarily the determining factor.
As for me, I am having a little trouble with the negation part of the lecture. Mainly because if you bracket up a sentences full of symbols, and put a negation sign in the front, it will take me some time to switch up all the signs, so I am going to practice more of that and hopefully in assignment 1 as well.
No comments:
Post a Comment